Beauty Scents Co's candles are hand poured candles. Although every effort is made to ensure consistency, and each candle has been individually handcrafted and there may be some variances. Our wax is 100% natural soy wax and therefore you may notice small blemishes on the side or surface of your candle. This is not a fault, simply a small blemish and does not impact on the quality or burn of the candle.
Your first burn should take approximately 4 hours for the wax to melt its way to the sides of the glass. Why is this so important? Soy wax has a burn memory. Each time you burn your candle, burn to the very edge of the glass so that your candle doesn’t tunnel. This will give your candle a wonderful long life. Allowing your candle to have a melt pool of 1cm will maximise fragrance and an even burn pool.
Each time you relight your candle trim off the mushroom and make sure your wick is around 1 cm high. This keeps the integrity of the wick in place. A perfect burning candle is all dependent on where the wick sits. It must always be in the centre. If your wick is too long it can favour one side and will burn unevenly. If you notice that your wick has moved gently reposition your wick back into the centre whilst the wax is still molten
It is important to never leave a burning candle unattended. Do not burn your candle all they way down, always leave a minimum of 1.5 cm or 10mm of wax at the bottom of the glass to risk the vessel overheating when empty. This is extremely important part of burning a candle. You should not be able to see the base of the wick, if you do blow out your candle immediately.
Smoke around the top of the glass is not uncommon. There is always going to be a little soot left on you glass especially if your candle is burning for a long time. Use a damp cloth or a wet wipe to clean the glass leaving it crystal clear.
The smoke is due to the flame and the fragrance oil burning. You will notice a lot more smoke towards the end of your candles life due to the fragrance oil setting at the bottom of the glass during curing time. Recycle your glass after use.